The sprinkler system uses RECYCLED, NON-POTABLE water.
Water that collects overnight in holes and puddles may make your dog sick.
Mesa Dog Park
Beach Dog Park
dog events news letter
for S. California. Learn about or post doggie activities
Read about my
new dog training book
and learn strategies for compassionate control
First trip to the dog park?
If this is the first trip to a leashless dog park you need to introduce
you pet to the experience slowly -- especially if you have rescued the
dog and are not too familiar with his personality or know if he is socialized.
- Thoroughly read the rules before entering;
- Make your first trip during a "slow" time at the park --
weekday mornings and late afternoons are best. Avoid weekends;
- Don't force your dog to stay if he becomes fearful. As his comfort
level grows, increase his play time.
- It is NOT a good idea to leave your dog on a leash. A leashed dog
may feel at a disadvantage and will want to protect you. Off leash,
the park is neutral territory.
- Stay close, but let your dog interact;
- Don't overreact to "normal" dog park behavior. Being overprotective
just makes your dog nervous -- and a scared dog is an aggressive dog.
As the standards for "normal" behavior in a dog park is very
different than elsewhere, it's a great idea to visit alone first and
- Don't hesitate to ask others at the park for help and advice.
Back to C M park